From left to right: Loucas Panteli (ETN), Nikos Bolias (ETN), Alex Escartin (BCD Travel), Yiannis Sykas (BSM), Adrian Woodward (BCD Travel), Jordi Coderch (BCD Travel), Niklas Koerner (BSM), Thorsten Kirkegaard Winther (BCD Travel)
BCD Travel and BSM sign joint venture agreement
BCD Travel, a leading travel management company, along with BSM joined forces to create a specialised, dynamic and highly responsive global marine travel service provider.
This joint venture offers additional value to clients through the synergies shared between the two companies, including:
- Comprehensive crew management applications and digital marine solutions developed through BSM’s technology division MariApps, which make it easier and more efficient to manage seafarers’ travel and logistic requirements;
- BSM’s deep understanding of seafarer needs based on over 30 years of experience managing challenging crew changes and travel for seafarers, and a heritage of over 135 years in the maritime industry;
- A global network of wholly-owned offices and the ability to provide comprehensive travel management services at scale;
- Additional in-country servicing with marine expertise in key shipping locations around the world;
- Further access to specialised marine and offshore content;
- BCD’s TripSource® powerful trip management platform, featuring itinerary management, relevant messages to travellers, safety information, and hotel booking functionality (when applicable by policy) to keep travellers engaged and organised;
- BCD’s DecisionSource® analytics and intelligence platform, enabling maritime operations to gain insights and drive better decisions across both crew and corporate travel spend.
“BCD recognises that the marine sector has nuances. Our new joint venture agreement with BSM not only brings specialised expertise in the maritime industry to our current and prospective clients, it allows both companies to utilise the best technology and service offerings available in their respective sectors—all at the optimal level of service and cost,” said Stewart Harvey, BCD Travel President.
“Our new joint venture couples BSM’s specialised technology and deep understanding of the needs of clients in the maritime industry with BCD’s global scale and highly regarded corporate travel expertise, bringing to the market an unparalleled service offering,” said Yiannis Sykas, BSM Director of Strategy and Product Development.